Property Invasion, Damages, Trespass dog verses

Status
Not open for further replies.

amanda252

i have 2 husky mix dogs, registored and current on shots, they are 11 months old. i live on a 112 acre farm and let them most of the time have run of the place, been trying to keep tabs though seeing my female got hit by a car, and was sued for 750 dollars for a 1/2" crack in the bumber, needless to say i didnt pay anything for it in the end. well got home today, cop came and said my dogs chewed someones cat up, ladie called said vet bills are 118 dollars. and might be more since they r keeping it over night, which i think is unneeded. she says was on her property, nobody else say anything, so am i haveing to pay this bill now, and over night charges for i dont think they should of allowed. i understand i more likely will pay something but her cat was outside and unrestrained also. would like any adivce

If you continue to allow your dogs to roam free, you are going to have alot of trouble.

If that cat was on her yard, then you are probably 100% responsible.

If the injured off her property then neither of you were in control of your pet, so I doubt you would be responsible for the entire bill. At this point you can offer to pay half, or have her sue you in which if she gets a judgement against you, your credit can be affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back