dog ownership

W

wolfy

Jurisdiction
Missouri
My ex and I bought a purebred husky in December last year because I knew how badly he wanted one. The breeder put the husky's ownership in my name only and not his. couple months later we broke up and he took the husky with him. While in my ex boyfriends possession he would leave weed and oil laying around so that the husky could eat it and it would make him sick. also he would leave him in a crate all day while he was at work and he would have to sit in his own urine and poop all day until my ex would come back home. when we would get home he would be too tired to take him for a walk or play with him. since the husky cant release his energy the proper way he would be a bit destructive and ruin things in my ex's apartment. When this happens my ex would hit Cooper, the dog, and yell at him while putting him back in his crate for the rest of the day. now I have found out that he is leaving for boulder Colorado and is taking Cooper with him. I fear that he will do worse things to him when he leaves and I wont be able to stop it. Can he take Cooper if he is under my ownership?

If you own the dog, legally your "ex" shouldn't take the dog.

But, you know he will.

If I were you, I'd leave it alone.

I'm sure you have bigger problems to address in your life than what happens to a dog.

You know he's your "ex-boyfriend", not your former spouse, so he's not going to care what you want.

Back