Animal Injury, Dog Bite Dog Bite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardo_Herrera

Someone is claiming that my dog bite him and filed a suit agints me. I don't know this person and he had no reason to be at my house. I have two signs at the gate that read: POSTED NO TRESPASSING and BEWARE OF DOG. regarless of these signs he came in. This person was treated at the hospital for a dog bite but I don't know if it was my dog that bite him. Anyway he asked me for the shots record and I gave it to him. Does this person has a valid claim? and if not what can I do to defend myself. I live in Miami Florida. Thank you

Do you live in this house? Who invited the man in? Do you have roommates that might have let him in? regardless of the signs posted, if your dog bit him you are probably responsible. Do you have homeowners insurance? They should cover the claim but be advised the the company will probably cancel you or raise your rates depending on the breed of dog. Some insurance companes ban particular breeds of dogs.

hes at fault

Someone is claiming that my dog bite him and filed a suit agints me. I don't know this person and he had no reason to be at my house. I have two signs at the gate that read: POSTED NO TRESPASSING and BEWARE OF DOG. regarless of these signs he came in. This person was treated at the hospital for a dog bite but I don't know if it was my dog that bite him. Anyway he asked me for the shots record and I gave it to him. Does this person has a valid claim? and if not what can I do to defend myself. I live in Miami Florida. Thank you

he is at fault. he came on your property uninvited and ignored the warning signs. file a trespassing complaint against him. and if he persists, you might consider getting a restraining order against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back