Animal Injury, Dog Bite Dog Bite-no Insurance-sue Multiple Parties

Status
Not open for further replies.

grapegirl

I am in a difficult situation. My neighbors dog busted through our fence, into my children's play area, attacked my small dog and bit one of my two children (both were present during the attack). My husband had to wrestle the dog into a headlock to get him to release my small dog. My son was treated for the bite and is recovering, but the experience was very traumatic and my small dog underwent emergency surgery that cost $3,500. Our neighbors declined to pay a cent and have not contacted us since the incident. They surrendered their dog to the city and it was put down on 4/25. The dog was not current on his vaccinations. Okay, now is the kicker...neighbors are renters and have no insurance, property management who rented the home will not provide us with insurance information because the house was bought (by an investment group of people) and insured as "owner occupied" not "renter occupied". We are having a hard time finding aggressive legal help. Who is responsible? Can I take the renters (who have a brand new puppy) to small claims court w/out hurting my chances at going after the actual home owners or property management? Can I sue multiple parties???

I strongly suggest that you find a more aggressive lawyer who can put the case together to sue the renter and the property owners. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back