1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Does Interpol truly investigate cyber crimes?

Discussion in 'Other Legal Issues' started by John Roe, Jul 19, 2021.

1. John Roe

John Roe Law Topic Starter New Member

Recently, I contacted 101 in Scotland, and I was told to put evidence on a USB drive regarding this stalking idiot who harasses me, and give it to my local police. But will they definitely contact Interpol? The guy responsible for the abuse is not in my country. He's in either Australia or New Zealand, and I reside in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Like, I don't want to waste time saving a lot of evidence about this moron and writing up a novel about his antics, in order to explain how he knows me, then they do nothing. But I would prefer to take out a non harassment order against this guy, as he's a creepy weirdo.

I've known this guy for nearly 20 years. It would take too long to mention everything he does. But he bothers me practically every week on wikis, forums, YouTube and various other sites, like these film databases I added my filmography to ages ago. He even has conversations with himself on pages about movies I am in, using alternate IP addresses, and he edits the same pages that I do, so it somehow tags him to these pages. This can only happen if you edit the page once, I think. I don't know. But I know that means if I edit anything he did too, he gets emails about the changes. And he literally did this for dozens upon dozens of pages I only edited that one time.

Besides making a YouTube mirror channel in my name too, and giving random people my address details, this is what he likes to do. And like myself, he is 35.

2. justblue

justblue Well-Known Member

As you have been told, repeatedly, this site is for United States Law.

3. Tax Counsel

Tax Counsel Well-Known Member

The role of Interpol is to provide communication and certain investigative support to the law enforcement agencies of member nations. Interpol won't directly investigate the crime itself, but will provide assistance to aid the countries that are involved in investigating it if asked. It'd be up to your local law enforcement agency to determine how to proceed with the case.

John Roe likes this.
  4. John Roe

I've had the police visit me before, at least a few times. They didn't help me though, as they claim they couldn't. It got to the point where I discarded a lot of evidence, and a laptop I had recently may have had additional evidence, which I binned because it was knackered. I thought I had backed off the evidence, but I guess not.

Nonetheless, I believe I have more than enough proof to connect the dots, since he left all of these unintentional breadcrumbs. He probably thinks he can continue doing this because so far, no one has intervened. It's pretty sad giving how old this Australian guy actually is, and everything. It's something somebody would do for kicks if they were 7 or whatever.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I understand that this site covers the United States, and therefore not elsewhere. Thanks for the advice anyway. Ta.

5. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

Why not just ignore him?

He's just going to keep doing it as long as he knows it gets a rise out of you.

John Roe likes this.
  6. John Roe

The dude must have lost his marbles. I'm a complete stranger to him. I tried to ignore him, but he must want "payback" over some pointless shite that happened, from as far back as 2004.