Does anyone know if Joe Biden voted yay or nay for the Stored Communications act of 1986, SCA 2703 d

Jurisdiction
Other
Does anyone know if Joe Biden voted yay or nay for the Stored Communications act of 1986 and/or its Amendments, namely (SCA 2703 (d)). A Statute that gave law enforcement the authority to obtain Cell Site Location Information with a court order instead of a warrant. A statute that deprived hundreds of thousands of citizens their 4th Amendment right for decades and that was nullified by the Supreme Court decision in Carpenter V U.S.?

Google knows. And I'm not doing homework for anyone else; in fact, it must have taken you as much time to locate this website as it would have taken you to find the answer to your (non-legal) question. o_O

You likely won't find the answer. The law passed both the House and Senate on a voice vote.

I agree. Voice votes and standing votes do not result in a record of how each member voted on bill. Only roll call votes do that. See the Senate page explaining Congressional voting. So unless Biden himself has said somewhere what his vote was on the issue (assuming he was even present for the vote) you'll not find an answer to that question.

Google knows. And I'm not doing homework for anyone else; in fact, it must have taken you as much time to locate this website as it would have taken you to find the answer to your (non-legal) question. o_O
I looked and searched and couldn't find it. He was part of the 99th Legislative Session but I cant find the vote record. Thanks anyway.

Does anyone know if Joe Biden voted yay or nay for the Stored Communications act of 1986 and/or its Amendments, namely (SCA 2703 (d)). A Statute that gave law enforcement the authority to obtain Cell Site Location Information with a court order instead of a warrant. A statute that deprived hundreds of thousands of citizens their 4th Amendment right for decades and that was nullified by the Supreme Court decision in Carpenter V U.S.?

1986? Cell site information? Did such a thing exist?

Back