Personal Bankruptcy Does anyone ever respond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobless

Hi;
I posted trying to get some help and recieved no replies. I cruised around the site and found the vast majority of threads are not responded to by anyone. Trying contacting some 'experts' via personal message and had no luck that way either. Anyone have any advice on how to get answers?

Most of the responders here are volunteers and they respond to the questions they believe they know the answer to. If someone doesn't know the answer, they're not going to respond.

Residency rqmt for filing bankruptcy in the state of NY? I have consulted with a lawyer's office who said Yes, I am certainly (unfortunately) qualified to file bankruptcy. I lost my job and moved back in with family in NY to save money I have lived here since June but have out of state tags and license. I was told I can get more information on when I am able to file once I come into the office and pay the initial $350 fee. I really cant spare 350 now just to be told when I am eligible to file.

I don't understand the residency requirment question. Bankruptcy is a part of Federal Court.

You could call the clerk of court for bankruptcy court, and ask if there is a waiver of fee's for someone who can't pay the amount. The court may be able to wave your filing fee, or, it may set up small payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back