Modifying a Lease Does an intent to vacate overrule a lease!

Darkcloud617

The lease in question states that the it ended on may 30th and the vacate form may 1st. This company does not do 13month leases but, sadly, it doesnt state that on the lease itself. I didn't realize that and moved out, also paying for a new house. They signed an intent to vacate which stated it was over may 1st instead of the 30th. Does that of overrule the lease? Does it amend the lease? Im having trouble coming up with the rent for that place plus my new one So I just wasn't sure if I even owe it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im in missouri.

The lease ends on the day it says it does. I think you mean April 30, not May 30, with the vacate form filled out and returned on May 1. This isn't uncommon. After all, you have all day on April 30 to be on the premises and move out your stuff, even at 10pm at night. Since you can't attest you've moved out until after you've physically moved out, the vacate form is due the following day attesting that you've moved out. Could not be any clearer and assume you just didn't understand what you were reading. Of course, as we have not seen your lease or the actual terms stated, we can only make assumptions and not provide you with actual legal advice.

Back