Medical Malpractice Doctor slander/malpractice

Status
Not open for further replies.

STRESSED

Is it legal in the state of mo. For a hospital to refuse health care treatment for having weed in your drug screen. I am on disability with chronic back pain. I had same dr for 8 yrs and he got fired. When i last seen him in 8-2012 he gave me my meds with 5 refils. I am prescribed 6 a day but i only take 3 a day on avg. I stockpiled the rest and made them last me an extra 5 months. That way i have less apointments. And 3-4 pain meds a day do the job. When i called in 6-2013 to make apt i found out my dr was no longer their. They set up apt with new dr and he spent less than 5 mns with me then gave me a drug screen. I told the nurse they would find weed in my system. A week ltr he sent a lettr in mail saying he was terminating our dr/patient relationship. I called the hospital to get a new dr and they refuse to treat me. I got my medical records from them and that dr that seen me for 5mns my entire life put on my permanent records that i was a "high risk med use". That is a total lie. I take pride in the fact that i make my meds last 5 months longer than they are supposed too. This has completely consumed my every thought since and is affecting my everyday life due to the stress that this is giving me. Do i have no rights? How can someone that does not know nothing bout me except for just one of my mri's have that kind of control over my health care. He has permantly slandered my name and i will take any drug screen to prove what i say. I understand he can choose not to see me but the entire hosp based on a complete fabrication of me. Ty very stressed in mo,

There is no law requiring a hospital to treat a patient for other than an emergency situation. As it appears this was a pain management doctor and you were "supplementing" your pain meds, you are unlikely to find another doctor willing to write you narcotics.

Based on what you posted, I don't see where the dr. or hosp. did anything illegal in refusing to treat you. If it was an actual emergency & you went to the ER, then you would have to be treated.

The DEA is cracking down on physicians and patients (pharmacies, too) that appear, in the DEA's view, to be abusing or misusing certain medications. You have no case. The doc has made a medical determination, and unlike the other dic, this one won't play a dangerous game.

You have no case.

The DEA is cracking down on physicians and patients (pharmacies, too) that appear, in the DEA's view, to be abusing or misusing certain medications. You have no case. The doc has made a medical determination, and unlike the other dic, this one won't play a dangerous game.

You have no case.

This is not slander. Illegal drugs were found in the test and it was noted on your record... apparently a true statement.

i have never misused my pain meds. i have smoked weed for 20 yrs. i do nothing else. i dont even drink alcohol. i take 3 of my 6 prescribed pain meds a day. save the rest for later so i have less dr visits. being called a high risk med user is a total defamation of my true character. thanks 4 the input..

Sorry, but the doctor & hospital still did not do anything illegal.

i have never misused my pain meds. i have smoked weed for 20 yrs. i do nothing else. i dont even drink alcohol. i take 3 of my 6 prescribed pain meds a day. save the rest for later so i have less dr visits. being called a high risk med user is a total defamation of my true character. thanks 4 the input..

Your history is not that relevant. Illegal drugs were discovered on the test and they made a risk assessment based on the results. That is not slander or anything else.
It seems you need to find a doctor more tolerable of your self medication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back