Business Debt, Collections Do I pay the debt or don't I??

Status
Not open for further replies.

guestpost

I was contacted by phone by an entity called "Alliance & Assoc's" claiming to be a law firm. They said that I had taken out a pay-day loan from "Bahamas Marketing" (aka BMG) in 11/2007. They claimed this loan was taken out in TN state & that they were willing to take me to court & charge me with defrauding a bank, bad checks, & (1) other charge. They claim that BMG tried to obtain the money borrowed from them from my bank account, however, were not able to do so. I was not in TN state in 11/2007 nor do I recall "Bahamas Marketing" or "BMG." I asked for a copy of the info they had so that I could follow up on this; however, they would not provide that info as they said that was their evidence they were going to use against me in court. The amount of the debt is $575. What should I do??

Do you have any contact information for "Alliance and Associates" at all? I looked them up online and they appear to have a website at Alliance321. If this is them, you may want to call them back and make a demand for alleged loan. Make sure to get a name and jot down the time and date of your call. If they refuse to provide it, you may want to send them a written notice disputing the validity of the claim (you state that it is not a valid debt), inform them not to call you and further notate that they refused to provide you any evidence of the alleged loan at all on two occasions. For all you know there may be no loan at all and this is just a collector trying to see if they can obtain money payments from you as a settlement. Unfortunately this is a game happening more frequently where these companies buy debts but with little if any supporting evidence. At times they will contact the wrong person, having little more than a name and limited contact information, e.g. old address, to go by. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back