Do I have to pay her back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmst80

I am a married man who was having an affair for almost a year with a woman named Natalie. My wife and I decided to split up because she was cheating with more than one man and I was cheating with Natalie (although she didn't know about Natalie at the time). During the time my wife and myself were legally separated, Natalie and I became more "open" with our relationship. During this time, Natalie loaned me $2000 after I left my wife. There were times I would offer to pay Natalie back but she told me as long as we were together she didn't care when I paid her back. I broke up with Natalie and decided to work things out with my wife; my wife came clean about the men she was cheating with and I came clean about Natalie. Right before my wife and I decided to get back together our hours got cut at work, and we're still running on short time and our daughter had to be hospitalized. Natalie has contacted me by text msg one time and asked for the money back. What I would like to know is would Natalie possibly have a case against me, and win, if she decided to take me to court for the $2000? When she loaned me the money, she didn't put anything in writing, and she gave me cash instead of a check so there's no way she could prove she actually loaned me anything, right? I'm trying to work things out with my wife and I don't want to deal with Natalie anymore. Times are hard, we have lots of bills to pay, and I don't think I should have to pay Natalie back should I since we were in a romantic relationship when she gave me the money?

Yes, you can behave like a dishonorable, weasel and screw Natalie out of the $2,000 she foolishly loaned you without obtaining written proof of said loan.

Natalie would be very hard pressed to prove in court that she loaned cash to a spineless, sniveling, lying rat.

The nature of your relationship has nothing to do with whether you owe her the money.
The money was clearly not a gift, and if Natalie should pursue the matter and do things right then she could potentially get a judgment against you.
It may be difficult for her to do, but possible.
You are not in the clear on this. Natalie will have to decide for herself whether it is worth her time and effort. If I were Natalie I would likely seek action in small claims- especially if you have any assets I could potentially place a lien on.

Yes, you can behave like a dishonorable, weasel and screw Natalie out of the $2,000 she foolishly loaned you without obtaining written proof of said loan.

Natalie would be very hard pressed to prove in court that she loaned cash to a spineless, sniveling, lying rat.

Excellent use of adjectives! :cheer:

Did you read my reply?

I am just trying to help you get everything that is coming to you!

I am a married man who was having an affair for almost a year with a woman named Natalie. My wife and I decided to split up because she was cheating with more than one man and I was cheating with Natalie (although she didn't know about Natalie at the time). During the time my wife and myself were legally separated, Natalie and I became more "open" with our relationship. During this time, Natalie loaned me $2000 after I left my wife. There were times I would offer to pay Natalie back but she told me as long as we were together she didn't care when I paid her back. I broke up with Natalie and decided to work things out with my wife; my wife came clean about the men she was cheating with and I came clean about Natalie. Right before my wife and I decided to get back together our hours got cut at work, and we're still running on short time and our daughter had to be hospitalized. Natalie has contacted me by text msg one time and asked for the money back. What I would like to know is would Natalie possibly have a case against me, and win, if she decided to take me to court for the $2000? When she loaned me the money, she didn't put anything in writing, and she gave me cash instead of a check so there's no way she could prove she actually loaned me anything, right? I'm trying to work things out with my wife and I don't want to deal with Natalie anymore. Times are hard, we have lots of bills to pay, and I don't think I should have to pay Natalie back should I since we were in a romantic relationship when she gave me the money?

Yeah I read it. I just think she would have a hard time proving anything and since we were in a romantic relationship during that time and she IS the woman I cheated on my wife with. I think the judge would look at the fact that we were having an affair and laugh at her. She has NO proof that she loaned me anything.
I am someone that always pays their bills and am a hard worker. But right now I've got to focus on my family -- my wife and daughter -- they are my number one priority. I have to provide for them, and how can I provide for them and pay this woman back who I am no longer involved with. When I first broke up with Natalie 6 weeks ago she texted me all the time asking about the money and telling me how wrong I did her, and I told her to never contact me again and that she would get her damn money. But last week, she texted me again and asked when she was going to get some money, and I didn't respond back to her. I wish she would just leave me alone and let me work on my marriage.

She may have a hard time proving it, but if she can prove it you will end up paying her back. Also I am pretty sure that Army Judge is meaning that she hopes that the woman you had an affair with nails you in court because what you did was wrong and you screwed her over

would Natalie possibly have a case against me, and win, if she decided to take me to court for the $2000?

Of course she would. The nature of your relationship is not a factor in whether you owe the money or not.

When I first broke up with Natalie 6 weeks ago she texted me all the time asking about the money and telling me how wrong I did her, and I told her to never contact me again and that she would get her damn money.

Now Natalie has proof if she finds this site. You just stated in your message you texted her back stating she would get her money. If she didn't delete that text she has her proof... It's a shame you call yourself a man. A man wouldn't cheat on his wife for any reason. A man would pay his bills. A man would accept that he screwed up, his wife was stupid enough to forgive him but he still owed this women money. Unless you feel that being a man means you need to screw a women out of money she provided to support your butt since you couldn't do it yourself. I hope Natalie takes you to court and supeona's your wife to the hearing. That now, would be AWESOME to see.

Saved for posterity, since he appears to have deleted his thread on the other forum where he posted it and I'm hoping Natalie finds this.

what the heck is this !!!!?????...army judge and cbg i have seen better moderrating from a 10 yr. old your supposed to objective and non bias......kms80 just pay her its right thing to do

what the heck is this !!!!?????...army judge and cbg i have seen better moderrating from a 10 yr. old your supposed to objective and non bias......kms80 just pay her its right thing to do

I'm sorry - where does it say personal opinion cannot be inserted into a post?

If you are dissatisfied with the moderation on this free site (and I don't recall your being granted the responsibility of determining the rules) feel free to pick up your refund on the way out.

you dont like the truth do you ?? fact is he does not care about what you think of him personally granted he's a pig and carma is a bitch but he ask you guys a legal question nothing more..i,m the bipolar one and i stay task better you guys...lol...CBG yur what i call a hater just stick to the legal stuff

you dont like the truth do you ?? fact is he does not care about what you think of him personally granted he's a pig and carma is a bitch but he ask you guys a legal question nothing more..i,m the bipolar one and i stay task better you guys...lol...CBG yur what i call a hater just stick to the legal stuff

Quotable.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back