do I have to more than the judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathybelle

The state of Colorado filed a judgement against my husband and myself in 1999 and we found out about it when we went to purchase a home in 2004. They have just recently sent me a letter stating the judgement was for $668.09 but they want $1082.05. They do not state why they want the additional money and when we phoned them they stated they needed the $1082.05 before they would clear the judgement. My understanding is that if a judgement has been issued for a certain amount then it would be that amount only that would need to be paid in order to erase the judgement from our credit records. What is the law and how much do I legally have to pay to clear the judgement up? The state also wrote that the Dept. of Revenue can't pursue collection of the taxes that amounted to 668.09 as the 6 year statute of limitations has passed and the judgement will not be released and the amount written off due to the statute of limitations is 1082.05. A release in the form of a Satisfaction of Judgemtn will be issued only if the amount is voluntarily remitted in certified funds. Again, how can they demand more than the judgement, especially as we were never notified of a judgement against in which we could have cleared this up long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back