Do I have to give my truck back

Samantha6942

Jurisdiction
Mississippi
My fiancé bought me a truck almost a year ago. He paid thirty thousand down and a little over 10,000 was financed. He is fairly wealthy. He took me to the dealership to pick it out. I picked out my truck and the salesman gave me the keys, and I drove it off the lot. Been driving it ever since. He bought it bc he wanted me to have a safer more dependable way to work. Also , A few months before he bought me the truck he asked me and my two kids to move in with him. An hour away from where we had been living. So a further drive to work for me. He put my kids in private school, gave us a nice big house to live in. And bought me a truck. And now , for no reason , out of , is breaking up with me and wants to take my truck away. Not to mention leaving me and my two kids homeless. We had a house before he asked us to move in. It wasn't much but it was better than what we have now which is nothing. the truck was definitely a gift. The truck has never been anything but mine since the day of purchase. And EVERYBODY knew it was my truck. Do I have to give my truck back to him

My fiancé bought me a truck almost a year ago. He paid thirty thousand down and a little over 10,000 was financed. He is fairly wealthy. He took me to the dealership to pick it out. I picked out my truck and the salesman gave me the keys, and I drove it off the lot. Been driving it ever since. He bought it bc he wanted me to have a safer more dependable way to work. Also , A few months before he bought me the truck he asked me and my two kids to move in with him. An hour away from where we had been living. So a further drive to work for me. He put my kids in private school, gave us a nice big house to live in. And bought me a truck. And now , for no reason , out of , is breaking up with me and wants to take my truck away. Not to mention leaving me and my two kids homeless. We had a house before he asked us to move in. It wasn't much but it was better than what we have now which is nothing. the truck was definitely a gift. The truck has never been anything but mine since the day of purchase. And EVERYBODY knew it was my truck. Do I have to give my truck back to him
You may be able to legally keep the truck. Offer to buy it from him for a fair price.

the truck was definitely a gift.

Unless the truck was titled in your name, it doesn't matter who drove it for how long.

I have no doubt this is all upsetting, but think of it like this: you had full use of an expensive truck for a year. You would have had to pay thousands of dollars to rent a similar vehicle. Be grateful that you had it for as long as you did, and spend your time and energy on focusing on next steps for you and your kids.

Do I have to give my truck back to him

You don't need to do ANYTHING, even die.

Now die we all will one day, but no one need do anything but await their death, as death ends this life for ALL living things.

Back