Corporate Law Do I have grounds to sue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pashunfruit

Before I take any serious action I want to make sure my law suit will be recognized, and not looked upon as foolish. The story is I am in Philly at mother's waiting for a package to be delivered by a major shipping corporation, I was tracking this package as soon as I received a tracking #....my estimated delivery date was 4/16. As soon as my mother left at a around 1, I put a note on the door for the delivery driver stating that someone is home & to ring the doorbell to his left. At about 3:45 I decided to wait downstairs for my delivery with my front door open (the storm door was closed but it's see through), fast forward 2 hours I go online e to track my package cause it's now 6:30 to find out what's going on. On their website it says my package was delievered & signed by at my address at 4:11 p.m.....not to drag on any longer I called & explained I never received my package, they call the delivery center that had my package & they dispatched the driver...here's the good part-the driver says a handicap man came out of my house & said I quote "the bell doesn't work & I will take the package"....I told the woman that's impossible since I am the only person home & no one in the home is handicap-and more importantly if the package was given to someone else why does it say I signed for it?...now my mothers house & the house next door share a common walkway at the side of each house....I believe the driver seen the man over here & assumed he lived at my home....so my package was given to someone other than me & the driver made no attempt to ring my bell but says it was signed by me...can I sue for wayyyy more than the items lost????

Last edited:
can I sue for wayyyy more than the items lost????
No. The law only allows for making you "whole" again. One does not sue to make a profit.

This sounds no more than a common delivery error. Did you have insurance on the package? What does the delivery company say about their responsibility?

Well I ordered my purchase online...I didn't have an option to get insurance they told me that I am to call the shipper...and tell them I didn't receive my items, but I don't see how it's at all their fault or issue when it was obviously the drivers lack of principle...

And it's not so much for a profit, but my name was signed as the receiver when it was given to someone other than me.....there's a principle, where's the error if he never even came to my door???

my name was signed as the receiver when it was given to someone other than me.
Therefor you are a victim of a crime.

where's the error if he never even came to my door???
If someone representing themsleves as you accepts and signs for the delievery, the deliverery person has done no wrong. This is common practice.

This is no different that a delivery being left at your doorstep when you are not home and then someone stealing it.

Your best bet is to push the issue with the delivery company and hope they give in and pay. Yet, they are not obligated to, that is what insurance is for. Just because you were not offered the insurance is not the fault of the delivery company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back