Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct do I have enough evidence for a restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplysally

Hi,

I was wondering if I had enough evidence to get a restraining order against an ex.

I dated this guy for a few months and I broke up with him via text message. He sent me a few really long and dramatic messages back begging me to meet in person to talk about it. Finally I did and told him I didnt want to date him to his face. Then he sends me some messages a few weeks later saying what a terrible and selfish person I was, but we still agreed to be friends. A few more weeks go by and I decide I don't want him in my life since he might be stalking me so I defriend him off facebook. He sends me a really snarky message saying it was immature to defriend him since we just agreed to be friends. He was probably mad he couldnt stalk me anymore so I threaten to go to the police if he bothers me again. He didnt say anything after this, but then a few months later he sends me a message apologizing for being overly dramatic and immature when we dated and promises to never bother me again. Also says he blocked my number and is very serious about leaving me alone. Havent heard from him since (5 days). I told him I'd go to the police if he talked to me again, so I'm going to the police.

He never threatened me with violence, but did call me a few names after we broke up so he could be dangerous since he's clearly not over me. Can I get a restraining order to make sure he leaves me alone for good? If I see a judge today with the evidence of harassing messages, how quickly will he get the restraining order? Or at least a no-contact order?

thanks

A restraint order is nothing more than a piece of paper. It won't stop a psychotic killer, freaky rapist, malignant molester from doing whatever he intends to do to you. If courtesy, civility, and common sense are missing in a creep; unlike the characters in the Wizard of Oz, no paper will instill in in these creatures.

I served a domestic violence restraining order on a man while he was in custody at the jail just a few weeks ago. One week later he was back in jail after having stabbed her several times. A lot of good that restraining order did, huh? The order is a tool for the police and the courts. It does not actually provide you one bit of protection.

Seeking a restraining order against him might just fuel the fire and give him attention you don't want him to have. Your best solution to this may be to simply ignore him and do not respond to anything he sends you for any reason. He will find someone else to be obsessed with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back