Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Do I have a Federal Warrant?

David Chavez

Jurisdiction
Texas
back in 2017 I was busted at a customs checkpoint just outside El Paso TX. I was caught with over 100lbs of pot. I wasn't arrested but let go by two federal officers, they told me that they were letting me go because I had no prior criminal record, but was told that i had to give them info regarding the people who I worked for. I kept in contact with one of the federal agents like for 6 weeks after the incident. After that, he stopped responding to my massages and my calls. For those 6 weeks I kept telling him that I didn't feel comfortable talking just yet because they were keeping tabs on me. so idk if he got tired of waiting, but he wouldn't respond to me anymore. I've called the Sheriffs Office, nothing came up in their system. I even went to the federal courthouse in El Paso. I was first sent to the U.S Marshals, then they directed me to the clerks office. According to the Clerk, they couldn't give me that info, even though i was right there, I know that if there is a federal warrant for my arrest , they would have arrested me on the spot, but they didn't even bother to look. I'm stumped when it comes to knowing if there's a federal warrant for my arrest. I'm planning to leave the country for a few days and wanted to know if I'm gonna get arrested?

a side note, 3 weeks after i was busted i did leave the country and returned. When coming back they checked my passport and it came out in the system that i had previously been busted for that. i wasn't arrested though, keep in mind that i was still in contact with the federal officer when this happened.

back in 2017 I was busted at a customs checkpoint just outside El Paso TX. I was caught with over 100lbs of pot. I wasn't arrested but let go by two federal officers, they told me that they were letting me go because I had no prior criminal record, but was told that i had to give them info regarding the people who I worked for. I kept in contact with one of the federal agents like for 6 weeks after the incident. After that, he stopped responding to my massages and my calls. For those 6 weeks I kept telling him that I didn't feel comfortable talking just yet because they were keeping tabs on me. so idk if he got tired of waiting, but he wouldn't respond to me anymore. I've called the Sheriffs Office, nothing came up in their system. I even went to the federal courthouse in El Paso. I was first sent to the U.S Marshals, then they directed me to the clerks office. According to the Clerk, they couldn't give me that info, even though i was right there, I know that if there is a federal warrant for my arrest , they would have arrested me on the spot, but they didn't even bother to look. I'm stumped when it comes to knowing if there's a federal warrant for my arrest. I'm planning to leave the country for a few days and wanted to know if I'm gonna get arrested?

a side note, 3 weeks after i was busted i did leave the country and returned. When coming back they checked my passport and it came out in the system that i had previously been busted for that. i wasn't arrested though, keep in mind that i was still in contact with the federal officer when this happened.
There is no way for anyone on this site to determine if you are going to be busted. Call the Texas Bar Association and ask for a referral to a good Criminal Defense Attorney and then have a consult...that attorney should be able to find out your status.

I'm planning to leave the country for a few days and wanted to know if I'm gonna get arrested?

How would other dummies know if you'll be arrested?

That is one of the dumbest questions I've ever read on this site, and I've read thousands of dumb questions.

Good luck, if you decide to travel.

Maybe you'll succeed smuggling "the green, leafy, flora material" this time.

Back