Medical Malpractice Do I have a case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kwilk6

Jurisdiction
Missouri
I was only recently diagnosed with a persistent Lyme infection and three co-infections (Anaplasmosis, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Barbesia) resulting from being bitten by a tick on May 18th 2013 while on a family camp out. Early antibiotic treatment was only ten days which is not within CDC guidelines for Lyme exposure.

As a result, three plus years of chronic infections have rendered me unable to work due to damage to my cognitive functioning, neurological system, adrenal glands, liver and kidneys. Currently diagnosed with Post-treatment Lyme disease syndrome (PTLSD), Hashimoto's disease and adrenal fatigue. Further testing is in the works to establish diagnosis for neurological and brain issues.

Discuss your concerns with a couple medical malpractice lawyers.

You posted in medical malpractice. If you believe you have a case for medical malpractice due to "incorrect treatment", discuss with a medical malpractice attorney or two as suggested.

10 days is actually within the CDC guidelines and has been since 2006. In any event, the statute of limitation ran out on May 18, 2015. It is too late to sue for malpractice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back