Medical Malpractice do I have A case

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmkm

Hi I was just wondering If I or should I say my son has a case. Let start with he had a motorcycle accdient 12-01-04 my daughter took him to the emergency room they claim they did a cat scan and xrays on his foot because his heel was broken anyway he starting jerking in side of emergency room and my daughter told the nurse about it and the nurse even seen it and said that he was just excited and needed to be clam down. well they put a boot on his leg and sent him home. later on he kept on jerking and he was out when he was doing it so I call the emergency room and told them about what he was doing they said just to wake him up every hour and keep him talking and I ask could it be from the medicene they gave him or the concussion he had got the nurse on the phone said the he did not have a concussion just a light head injury well he kept on jerking so his girlfriend call the blue cross and blue shield med line and the rn on there told us to get him some where fast so we took him to another hosiptial he wind up have a fracture skull his brain was bruise all around they did not xray his back which i found out they should have done and the shaking was seizures he had a infection settling in from the fracture skull the air was sipping in he spent almost 2 days in ICU and now he is home on seizures medicens and pain killers. do you thing I have a case against the first hosiptial this was all in one day two hositipal and two complete diffenrent results. if I would had listen to the first hositpal my son might not be here with me right now. so please someone let me know what I need to do since it is a so new right now. 12-03-04

oops, from what you write it sounds like you have a case. You should talk with your doctor first to get an idea about what is going on and then talk to an attorney who handles medical malpractice cases and personal injury cases. Of course the details will decide, but talk to the doctor first, try to understand what the medical issues are and then get a consultation with a lawyer, many do the initial consultation for free, and see what he or she thinks about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back