Do I have a case of wrongful termination and defamation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mskazbr

I was fired form my job 11/3/05. Since then it has been impossible to obtain employment. I have 5 years experience in my profession, and I keep getting replies such as, "we are unable to offer you employment, and consequently, we cannot persue future employment opportunities with you.'" Per office policy, we are to get 3 steps in warnings; verbal, written, then supension. i was never given a written warning or suspended. As a matter of fact, during my review in June, I was given high praise of my performance, and a raise. My employer said during my 'firing session' that myy attitude had changed. Well if it did it was because I was not confortable with the lying to patients, discrimination against patients because of financial status. My employer has a "VIP" list of patients that come first. Test results are left unanswered for weeks at at time. Other OSHA and HIPPA violations are occuring as well. I know in the past the so called office manager has been caught giving out damming information about a previous employee. She has also been involved in conversations with other people about confidential matters regarding the office. I am not sure how to prove that she is doing this to me, but I find it hard to believe that it is not occuring. I know there are several different issues in this matter and I need help. I was also denied unemployment because of whatever they told that agency. an you help me? I am very frustrated and angry.

Nothing you have posted gives you a case for either wrongful termination or defamation. It is possible that additional details may change that answer. However, it is by no means unusual for people to look a lot longer than two months before finding other employment just in the usual scheme of things.

Mskazbr,

First, unless you were under no contract with your employer which provides for a specific term of employment, salary, benefits, etc., then you would be considered an "at-will employee", terminable at-will by either employer or yourself.

Second, I'm not sure of the specific circumstances, but it appears you might have a potential whistle-blower claim against your employer. Are you familiar with those types of claims? If not let us know and we will be happy to assist, however, we'd need to know much more facts surrounding your firing.

Third, are you in any way disabled or require an accommodation? Are you a minority? Have you been harassed or discriminated based on age, sex, race or disability?

Fourth, as to you denial of unemployment benefits, did you appeal the decision within the time allowed? By the way, you are at least entitled to know the reason

There is nothing indicating firing you was illegal. In most states you can be fired for any reason except for reasons protected by the EEOC.

Keep looking, I am sure you will get another offer eventually. I would not put that you were terminated on your applications. It is impossible to know why prospective employers are not hiring you, could be many reasons. not enough jobs being one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back