Do clothing stores track debit cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon109

I got caught steeling a shirt ( it only had the paper tag). I told the manager i was 17 and she made me pay for the shirt and not return to the store but didnt make me give my personal info or call the cops. I paid with my debit and I want to return the shirt. If i go to a different store will i be able to return the shirt or will my debit be flagged? Can they do that? Will i be arrested if i enter another one of their stores?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you were caught stealing it & made to pay for it, I don't think I would chance trying to return it to get your money credited back.

The store might - do you want to chance it?

Not only might it be flagged, they usually share info. Perhaps you should think about your potential for a college education and career with your morality.

To spell it out, a theft/return game is old and its well-known.

Heck, I'm sure it's older than all of us put together :)

Not only that. It would be a huge waste of money to attend college for several years, get busted stealing and never get a professional job because they won't hire a thief.

To spell it out, a theft/return game is old and its well-known.

Heck, I'm sure it's older than all of us put together :)

My work as a consultant and Loss Prevention professional has this question come up often. The answer is always the same. Do NOT go back to store!! You have too much to risk here. If you go back to store you can be arrested for trespassing. You got off easy don't blow it. If you want to go back to store then contact the store Manager or Corporate office and request ban be lifted. In many cases they will long as the event wasn't serious and you were not a problem at stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back