Divorce

Jurisdiction
Rhode Island
Hey I live in the state of Rhode Island. I just have a question. So my aunt has been separated from her husband for several years they are still married though with kids involved but she dont see her kids cause the husband wont let her. But anyways so the biggest problem is she cant afford a lawyer because she receives social security income every month of $750. Is there a way for her to find a free lawyer or a lawyer with reduced payments or payment plans in the state of Rhode island. I don't know nothing about this kind of stuff but I told her I would help her find what options she may have.

Probably. She'll never know for sure until she asks. Best place to start is probably the Rhode Island Bar Association.

Also, how old are the kids? It sounds like they're of school age. If so, what's to stop your aunt from picking up the kids from school? Also, what's to stop her from getting a job and earning more than $750 a month?

Is there a way for her to find a free lawyer or a lawyer with reduced payments or payment plans in the state of Rhode island.

I can't speak to the abilities of your relative, but I have been told that ANYTHING is possible.

How old are the "children"?

How old is your "relative"?

Hey I live in the state of Rhode Island. I just have a question. So my aunt has been separated from her husband for several years they are still married though with kids involved but she dont see her kids cause the husband wont let her. But anyways so the biggest problem is she cant afford a lawyer because she receives social security income every month of $750. Is there a way for her to find a free lawyer or a lawyer with reduced payments or payment plans in the state of Rhode island. I don't know nothing about this kind of stuff but I told her I would help her find what options she may have.
It would be much easier if your Aunt were to join this site. That way we would be able to discuss this with her, the legal party. Please, ask her to join...

Thanks
Blue

Back