Divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.

norma399

Received summons from husband. Before he said he would give me a cash settlement and things in house that were mine. The summons in grounds for dissolution state we have been separate since April 2011 and have tried reconciliation. All I know of this is on 10/6/2012 he handed me a paper wanting to know payoff and was filing for divorce. I was in shock. Is this hurting me? And should I agree with summons what is next?
Thanks

Received summons from husband. Before he said he would give me a cash settlement and things in house that were mine. The summons in grounds for dissolution state we have been separate since April 2011 and have tried reconciliation. All I know of this is on 10/6/2012 he handed me a paper wanting to know payoff and was filing for divorce. I was in shock. Is this hurting me? And should I agree with summons what is next?
Thanks

What you should do is visit an attorney, or two, take your documents with you.

Discuss this with the attorney and see if the attorney can bill his fees to teh marital estate (that would be your hubby).

Normally this is possible, so select an attorney carefully. ask your family and friends for some names.

Yes, if you have been summoned to court, you must appear.

No, it won't hurt you, but not appearing will hurt you.

So you appear with your attorney, or appear and ask the court to allow you time to hire an attorney.

Don't worry, just be polite and the court will give you time to get a lawyer.

But, don't try to do this without a lawyer, because you will get hurt.

So now there is more. He has applications where I signed his name. I had called to ask if he would co sign on a yamaha card to get my son and grandson 4 wheelers he said yes. The dealer told me to sign his name since he wasn't there. Its been 6 or 7years ago. We are going to court if I ever find a lawyer. He is going to show judge those papers. OMG.

So now there is more. He has applications where I signed his name. I had called to ask if he would co sign on a yamaha card to get my son and grandson 4 wheelers he said yes. The dealer told me to sign his name since he wasn't there. Its been 6 or 7years ago. We are going to court if I ever find a lawyer. He is going to show judge those papers. OMG.

You really need to speak with a lawyer.

Here's some FREE advice, just stop talking.

If the dealer can't ID you, I suppose he can't either.

Its time to make a clam, and shut your shell.

Saw a lawyer. Need to hire her. Don't have retainer fee. I guess I ask for more time? Lawyer did show me how to reply to summons. Do I try to do this or ask for more time?

I have hired a lawyer this week. After summons is answered what is next? I don't want to keep calling lawyer they charge for everything. I am nervous. I won't have money to pay. I know I should get something from this, still I am nervous.

I have hired a lawyer this week. After summons is answered what is next? I don't want to keep calling lawyer they charge for everything. I am nervous. I won't have money to pay. I know I should get something from this, still I am nervous.

Any question you have should be referred to YOUR lawyer.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back