divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.

goconnelljr

Can an x wife after being divorced now for 10 years get a portion of my retirement? I retired about 16 months ago. I have been remaried for 9 years and my present wife does not work. My present wife was the one who had to sign off on my retirement elections. The retirement issue was not specicicaly resolved in the divorce settlement as was not the marital debt. The divorce papers say, (C. The parties have substantial marital indebtness regarding hospital and consumer debt which both parties are equeally responsible should those collection effots be successful. D. Issues regarding any entitlement that the respondent may have to a share of the petioners pension is defered and bifurcated from this proceeding this date.) that was july 9th 2002. My pension plan is a defined benifit were I get a set amount per month for life with a large utility company. I recieve x amount of dollars a month. As soon as my new wife and I were married eight years ago the benificiary of that pension plan was changed to my new wife. Does this make a differance in the x wifes attempt to get a portion of my pension? I live in West Virginia and so does the x.

The "ex" has no legal right to any portion of your pension or current assets, from what you state.

I suggest you speak to a couple local attorneys.

The initial consultation will allow you to ask specific questions.

Those consultations are provided free of charge.

It would also be wise to cease all communications with your "ex".

You are divorced for good reasons, I would presume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back