Divorce with Banruptsy & Realestate transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

HonestDawn

Hello, I am Honest_Dawn,
This is my first time here. I need advise/opinions on a PA divorce. My husband frauded me, by opening credit cards that I had previous to our 4 year marriage that were never activated. He also opened one in my name without my knowledge and put him self on as an authorized user and he emptied our line of credit. There are other issues also on why were divorcing, however I'll stick to this. After much negociation, he had decided that the equity in our house would pay me back the money he took from me. At this point due to his doing this to me, I have no choice but to file for bankruptsy. At this time I am only on the morgage as a co-signer. He wants the house and the 2nd mortgage in my name now and he wants to walk away from it. I need to know what order to do things. Do I get the divorce started first so that the house is changed over to me in the settlement? Should I contact the mortgage company or does the lawyer do all that? How does one get a house put in there name? Do I file bankrupsy before the divorce or at all or do I file after the divorce? My credit is messed up now 3 months behind in only credit card payments due to all this. There is no way I can pay the credit cards... I was told that since we were married when he did this to me, that it is not concidered illegal or identity theft. Also, I wonder how identity theft is going to affect my credit later on after the 7 years is up. I am not claiming bankruptsy on the house or 2nd morgage or my car, only credit cards. If anyone with PA law knowlege in this area can please tell me what they think or someone in PA that has been through this situation can give me advice, it would be truly appreciated. Please let me know if you need any further details. I hope I have exsplaned things in a way that can be understood.
Thank you so much,
Honest_Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back