Divorce question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheknurpulse

I know someone who's been married 4 times. They divorced their 4th husband two years ago. My question is, can they take the last name of a former husband or do they have to take their maiden name back?

It's entirely up to the lady which name she wishes to use, although usually if she wishes to revert back to her maiden name she'd have to go through a few more hoops than if she just keeps her legal married name.

As long as you aren't committing crimes, you can use any name you wish.

If you want to change your name from Koko Moe to Coco Nut, in most states it's a legal formality that you can do pro se.

Thanks Army Judge. Is there anyway you can contact me personally. I have a legal question I really don't want to post on here. I am looking for a lawyer to handle a violation of Constitutional rights.

Thanks Army Judge. Is there anyway you can contact me personally. I have a legal question I really don't want to post on here. I am looking for a lawyer to handle a violation of Constitutional rights.

Open up the Yellow Pages and start dialing.

Seriously.

Your friends, relatives, and co-workers are a good place to start when seeking an attorney.
Some of them have used attorneys in the past.
Their recommendations are helpful when seeking an attorney.
Even if the attorney they refer you to doesn't practice in that area of the law, the attorney they've referred you to can usually make a referral.
Your local county or state bar association is also another source for attorneys that specialize in the area of law that concerns you.
Most attorneys will speak with you at no charge for the initial consultation.
That way you can see if you would want them to represent you.

Judge, email me at this name at yahoo. I cannot send private posts. Something about I need to post 100 times or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back