Division of property

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raeofsunshine

My husband and I are filing for a divorce. He was offering me what he thought was a fair deal and told me that I should take it. I am wondering if I have to leave our home because he was the person who purchased it before we were married.
We have been married for 10 years and have 2 children. I do not want to leave the home but currently do not have a job as I have been a stay at home house wife and mother for the last 6 years.
I use to make quite a bit of money and from that job I had cashed out my retirement early so we could pay of the second mortgage on our home.
Now I am left with nothing not even a retirement. Will the judge give me a opportunity to allow me and my kids to stay in our home until my youngest graduates?
I understand that I need to find a full time job but my husband thinks that doing stuff for the kids is womans work. It is hard to find a job that would work around my kids activities and school. I am very lost and need advice on what I can do.
Is is possible for me to keep our home or will I have to give it up?

See a lawyer immediately. If there is no domestic violence involved, generally no one is forced from the home. But, see a lawyer, ASAP.

Hubby can be made to pay for your lawyer. The lawyer will take care of that. Tell the lawyer Yiu are seeking spousal support to get on your feet for 12-18 months. Trust me, the lawyer will work to get a better deal for you. Ask your friend and family for the names of good divorce lawyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back