Disturbed roommate

randomrandomoy

Jurisdiction
California
Hello!

We live in a house and we have an obnoxious drug-addict of a roommate who's done horrendous actions towards us that will take time to narrate. I can expound maybe in the future, but this is my immediate concern. My personal bathroom is located in the kitchen. For the past few days, this roommate has been putting dirt in my bathroom which she slides through the door bottom opening (space between bottom door and floor). My bathroom is always closed and locked. Can i put a no-audio surveillance camera inside bathroom, only pointing at the immediate bottom of door, making sure my other roommates' privacy aren't invaded but good enough to ID culprit? I will leave the bathroom slightly open to which my roommates are supportive.

Please advise, thank you!

My personal bathroom is located in the kitchen.

Ummm...gross.

Can i put a no-audio surveillance camera inside bathroom, only pointing at the immediate bottom of door, making sure my other roommates' privacy aren't invaded but good enough to ID culprit?

We have no conceivable way of knowing what abilities you do and don't have, but I'm at a loss to understand how what you've described would help you "ID [the] culprit."

It seems you already know who the culprit is. What is the point of the camera?
It is your bathroom. You can't invade your own privacy.

Back