Eviction Grounds Disturbance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlene

My name is Marlene, and I have a Urgent matter that I am dealing with at this moment, and need advice to how to handle it. I currently living in a Multiply family house. I have a tenant that is living above me, and numerous issues have accrued such as. 1) there was robbery of my things in my home, and a file has been made with the cops. 2) There was screaming and fighting of people in my hallway in the middle of the night on a week day, and cops were called. 3)There was numerous bunch of people as well as the tenant above me outside of the house fighting at 11 at night on a weekday, and cops were called. 4) had the Tenant above me come down stairs and Banning on my door, and threatening me to break my door in, and the cops were called.

I have called the property manger about these issues, and made him aware of it, and told him I have had enough, and I want to break my lease to leave if she is going to remain in the house. He is wanting to work with me, and is going to the landlord about all these issues cause he doesn't want us to leave. My main question is this. Does the landlord have grounds with everything I have mentioned above to have that tenant evicted for Disturbance?

Last edited by a moderator:
A tenant can be eventually evicted for disturbing or interfering with your quiet enjoyment of your leasehold. But, allegations must be proven. This won't be quick, but it can happen. Let your property manager see what he can do. You've made your feelings known, now be patient and see what happens over the next 10-14 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back