Corporate Law Dissolved Partnership

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearbuns70

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what rights you have if you are in a partnership and one person decides to dissolve it. Then they walk away with everything. Is there any legal recourse to get any of the equipment, tools, money etc. He was in charge of the books and bank account during the partnership. Any help would be great.

If there was a mere partnership then you can sue the other person individually. It can be very dangerous for them because you can also execute on any judgment against that wrongdoer's personal assets. If they stole money as well you may want to report it as a crime although it is doubtful that there would a prosecution unless the amounts were significantly large in nature.

Originally posted by bearbuns70
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what rights you have if you are in a partnership and one person decides to dissolve it. Then they walk away with everything. Is there any legal recourse to get any of the equipment, tools, money etc. He was in charge of the books and bank account during the partnership. Any help would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back