Dissolution w/o children/non-compliant proof of service

Status
Not open for further replies.

stiz

My jurisdiction is: CALIFORNIA

Hello
I am so happy service like this exist. Hooray!

Date of marriage: 2/02
Date of separation: 12/05

Petition filed on 1/30/08, response was filed on 2/27/08.

My x`s mom served me with a response that DID NOT have stamps from the court.:eek: I tried to explain to her that the form MUST have a stamp on it from court b4 i am served. Am i correct on this one?

I checked court records later on that day and this is what they wrote
"02/27/2009 PROOF OF SERVICE BY MAIL OF RESP/I&E/PROP DECL/DECL OF DISCL/A&D ON *************** WITH MAILING DATE OF 02/27/09 FILED (NON-COMPLAINT) "

Does this mean he did not properly served me? (no stamp and a non complaint prof of service) so after the limitation of 30 days is due (March 13,09) i can file Request to enter default (FL-165)? :nuts Or is this only done if he does not filed the Response. What are my options? Can i go to court and show them what i got served?

This is an uncontested case, we both agreed to everything in the beginning but now it is a different story. My x broke my car 3 years ago and he agreed for me to pond the engagement ring and get the money to fix the car, because he cannot pay to fix it. However, now he wants the ring back!:no: what can i do? We never made a written agreement to fixing my car, but i know that verbal agreement is considered the same as a written one in CA.

Also i am not a U.S. citizen, i have a green card for 11 years that was issued on June 05. Our original separation was in Dec 05, but if we put that date will i get deported? Because of the immigration laws, I have to be married to the person for 2 years after the date i receive my green card, b4 i can get a divorce w/o deportation, am i correct?

If anyone has ANY advise for my case i would really appreciate it.:angel

My jurisdiction is: CALIFORNIA

Hello
I am so happy service like this exist. Hooray!

Date of marriage: 2/02
Date of separation: 12/05

Petition filed on 1/30/08, response was filed on 2/27/08.

My x`s mom served me with a response that DID NOT have stamps from the court.:eek: I tried to explain to her that the form MUST have a stamp on it from court b4 i am served. Am i correct on this one?

I checked court records later on that day and this is what they wrote
"02/27/2009 PROOF OF SERVICE BY MAIL OF RESP/I&E/PROP DECL/DECL OF DISCL/A&D ON *************** WITH MAILING DATE OF 02/27/09 FILED (NON-COMPLAINT) "

Does this mean he did not properly served me? (no stamp and a non complaint prof of service) so after the limitation of 30 days is due (March 13,09) i can file Request to enter default (FL-165)? :nuts Or is this only done if he does not filed the Response. What are my options? Can i go to court and show them what i got served?

This is an uncontested case, we both agreed to everything in the beginning but now it is a different story. My x broke my car 3 years ago and he agreed for me to pond the engagement ring and get the money to fix the car, because he cannot pay to fix it. However, now he wants the ring back!:no: what can i do? We never made a written agreement to fixing my car, but i know that verbal agreement is considered the same as a written one in CA.

Also i am not a U.S. citizen, i have a green card for 11 years that was issued on June 05. Our original separation was in Dec 05, but if we put that date will i get deported? Because of the immigration laws, I have to be married to the person for 2 years after the date i receive my green card, b4 i can get a divorce w/o deportation, am i correct?

If anyone has ANY advise for my case i would really appreciate it.:angel
for your protection you must seek counsel of sort . if you have no money seek legal aid as your not being a us citizen might have nothing at all to do with your divorce there still might be issues that you need to have addressed
as for your ring ...that was a gift ..you can keep your ring ....
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back