Disreguarding a stop sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiggertiffany

Disreguarding a stop sign in Texas

I stopped about a foot before the white line due to a sign abstructing my view on the left. where I stopped I could see around the sign with a clear view of oncoming traffic. (If I had stopped on the white line the sign would have abstructed my view and if I pulled past the white line so I can get a view around the sign the front of my car would be half into the sidewalk/intersection of the street and put me in danger) I am a very strict law abiding citizen and this outrages me. So I stopped before the white line and nothing was coming so I released my foot off the brake and started rolling onto the street executing my right turn. (Me turning right is heading East) The officer was traveling West on this street that has 4 lanes and no median. The officer was between 250 and 300 yards away from me and there is a fence on the left along with a large tree, a white sign in the small field next to this fence and tree, plus a tree next to the stop sign. He did an illegal u-turn and pulled me over 3 streets away approx 275 yards away. He got out of his car with his ticket book in his hand ready to give me a ticket no matter what. He asked me for my license and insurance so I gave them to him. He asked if the address on my license was correct and I said "Yes Sir". He asked me my phone number, I told him the number and added Sir behind it. Then he asked where I worked, etc. I gave him all the info as nice as can be even though I was really scared, (i've never been pulled over before.). He handed me the ticket to sign it and I grabbed it to sign then my husband (the passenger) said "Excuse me officer, why are you giving my wife a ticket?" the officer had a cocky attitude saying "EXCUSE ME?!!" My husband repeated his question and the officer took about 10-15 secs to reply "Your wife disreguarded the stop sign back there:no: " I was like :eek: and signed the ticket saying nothing. (I didn't want to dig myself a whole even though I know I stopped) So I took the ticket and went straight to the Municipal Court and Plead not guilty. I am planning on having someone take pictures of me reacting out the stop somewhat, meaning a picture of where I stopped, then a pic of my view showing me stopped on the white line, and of course making sure no vehicles are coming and showing a picture of stopped after the line along with a picture of where the officer spotted me and my car being parked where I stopped. The fine is 170.00 which I find outragous. Plus I have never had a ticket or anything ever until now and wasn't even offered a warning. Plus this officer put on the ticket I have red hair when my hair is plainly Blonde as Blonde can be (to me this shows he doesn't have great vision up close let alone far away) Not to mention its the same cop that pulled my husband over for not wearing a seatbelt. But by all means I would like to know what the outcome may be. I wouldn't fight it if I hadn't stopped. Do you think the judge will see my point of view? Do you think the judge will see that the officer couldn't clearly see me?? Any advise would be great. :yes: Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back