Auto Loans dispute over amount financed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

daviyurik

i bought a new car. the dealership paperwork shows purchase price of x minus my downpayment of y for a net owed of z. many boxes on the dealership paperwork show amount owed and total financed as z. by the time it gets to the bank (financed through dealership) the loan is now for z + 195. i complained to the dealership about how the truth in lending total box on the bank loan paperwork says z is the total and that is what should have been financed. they point out how at the top of the doc ( before the til section ) is a line showing the bank loan app fee of 195. the til section though shows the fee and a -195 pre payment to make the total z not z + 195. the dealership basically says too bad for you. can i take them to small claims for the 195?

is your credit bad ?if so the finance company charges a fee for doing business with them because your high risk..you took delivery of the car and signed off on everything so buck up and enjoy your new car..

Last edited:
did you even read the post? the 195 is listed as an application fee. my credit is excellent both tu and ? over 800.

Last edited:
did you read my post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! regardless of your score the finance company charged you 195.00 for doing business with them its like fuel surcharge that all these delivery company's are getting...they can call it what they want.thats what it is....i was in the car biz for 34 yrs...thanks

It doesn't sound as if you have a legitimate claim to make. The fee was clearly listed on the form. Had you calculated the numbers o nyour own to verify their work you would have discovered this problem earlier.
You agreed to what was on the form when you signed it. You won't get anywhere trying to sue them for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back