Dispute between directors of a US Incorporated Company

lawyer in india 1

Jurisdiction
Washington
Hello
I have a Law Firm in India. I have a client who owns 15% stake in a US Incorporated Company. Now there is a dispute between Indian and US directors because US directors want to raise Venture capital funds from US by misleading accounts in subsidiary company in India. I want to know how my client can prevent this. Also are there any rights under corporate law in US/ Washington that my client has in US incorporated company? Example - right to be director or right to get account statements?
Thanks
Simranjeet Law Associates
Law Firm in India

Hello
I have a Law Firm in India. I have a client who owns 15% stake in a US Incorporated Company. Now there is a dispute between Indian and US directors because US directors want to raise Venture capital funds from US by misleading accounts in subsidiary company in India. I want to know how my client can prevent this. Also are there any rights under corporate law in US/ Washington that my client has in US incorporated company? Example - right to be director or right to get account statements?
Thanks
Simranjeet Law Associates
Law Firm in India

The best thing you can do for your client is to advise him to divest himself of his investment in this company.

Why?

Read your post carefully.

The company is allegedly engaging in fraudulent activity to acquire funding, perhaps by snookering investors by doctoring or cooking their financials.

That'll end up with someone, perhaps many people being investigated, perhaps indicted, and ending up on trial for a wide array of FELONIES.

His other option might be to report his insider knowledge of the budding criminal conspiracy to the FBI.

That way he could retain some portion of his investment and corporate control, if the company survives.

The best thing you can do for your client is to advise him to divest himself of his investment in this company.

Why?

Read your post carefully.

The company is allegedly engaging in fraudulent activity to acquire funding, perhaps by snookering investors by doctoring or cooking their financials.

That'll end up with someone, perhaps many people being investigated, perhaps indicted, and ending up on trial for a wide array of FELONIES.

His other option might be to report his insider knowledge of the budding criminal conspiracy to the FBI.

That way he could retain some portion of his investment and corporate control, if the company survives.
Thanks a lot army judge

Back