Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Disorderly Conduct in South Carolina - concerned about Job Background Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

upsetwithtom

Hello,

About a year an a half ago in May 2006, I was arrested and held overnight for "disorderly conduct" in South Carolina. I was drinking with a bunch of friends at a Nascar race, and things got out of hand. I was released on bail the next morning. This was my first time being arrested, and I really didn't know what to do. I live in Indiana, and I had to go back and deal with what I had to do over the phone. I wanted to just get it over with and forget about it because it was very embarrassing to me. So, I eventually sent a certified check to the court to pay for the ticket so I wouldn't have to travel out to South Carolina to appear in court.

So, now I have finished my master's degree and am looking for a job. I am concerned how this might affect my job search. So my question has two parts:

1. Is this a charge that I have to report on my job application and will show up as a misdemeanor if they do a background check?

2. Am I able to get this charge off my record (sealed or expunged)?

Thanks for any help.
-Tom

1. Is this a charge that I have to report on my job application and will show up as a misdemeanor if they do a background check?

A: Yes.

2. Am I able to get this charge off my record (sealed or expunged)?

A: This won't remove it from background check companies' databases.

This is a very trivial charge,if the question is on the Job application just answer it. The application will usually want the charge,and date. If you are interviewed,and the question comes up at the interview answer it honestly. I would not dwell on it.

There are some companies today which do a near perfect expunction. They actually contact the about 150 databases to remove each record there. Many people these days are happy with their results. There are many one is
www.recordremoval.com
There are a few out there…….they actually work most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back