Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Disorderly Conduct Charged Without Citation

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamatco

My son received out of the blue a courtesy reminder letter from the Justice of the Peace that he owes a fine of $100.00 within 10 days for "disorderly conduct". The letter states that "the time allowed for you to reply to the above charge (disorderly conduct) has now expired." There are no other details except a case number.

My son states that he did not receive a citation from anyone. I asked him if he knew what this could be about, and he said that one day a month or so ago, he was picking up his girlfriend at the high school after school. He noticed that a fight had broken out in the parking lot close by; so for safety, he moved his vehicle away closer to the front door of the school. After his girlfriend got into his vehicle, he proceeded to leave the campus as usual.
A schoolbus mechanic tried to stop him from leaving, then my son became very agitated and told the mechanic to f**k off. My son is 21-years-old and not even a student at the high school. He was just minding his own business picking up his girlfriend after school was dismissed. He didn't know anything about the fight going on...only that he didn't want to get involved because he had to hurry and leave for an appointment with a customer. My son is a welder.

My question is....can my son be liable for this fine since he did not receive a citation from any law enforcement? He said that he even drove past a county deputy sheriff sitting in his sheriff's car as he was leaving the campus. It looks like the deputy would have retained him from leaving if my son was being cited or questioned for anything.

How did they find you and your son? Someone in law enforcement must have reported the incident for it to be on record. Might your son remember if his memory is jogged? Otherwise, I'd find out from the police department exactly how this alleged violation was reported.

Originally posted by lamatco
My son received out of the blue a courtesy reminder letter from the Justice of the Peace that he owes a fine of $100.00 within 10 days for "disorderly conduct". The letter states that "the time allowed for you to reply to the above charge (disorderly conduct) has now expired." There are no other details except a case number.

My son states that he did not receive a citation from anyone. I asked him if he knew what this could be about, and he said that one day a month or so ago, he was picking up his girlfriend at the high school after school. He noticed that a fight had broken out in the parking lot close by; so for safety, he moved his vehicle away closer to the front door of the school. After his girlfriend got into his vehicle, he proceeded to leave the campus as usual.
A schoolbus mechanic tried to stop him from leaving, then my son became very agitated and told the mechanic to f**k off. My son is 21-years-old and not even a student at the high school. He was just minding his own business picking up his girlfriend after school was dismissed. He didn't know anything about the fight going on...only that he didn't want to get involved because he had to hurry and leave for an appointment with a customer. My son is a welder.

My question is....can my son be liable for this fine since he did not receive a citation from any law enforcement? He said that he even drove past a county deputy sheriff sitting in his sheriff's car as he was leaving the campus. It looks like the deputy would have retained him from leaving if my son was being cited or questioned for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back