Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Disorderly Conduct Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

coweyes70

My husband was recently charged with disorderly contact in a school classroom. When he met with the school principal and the detention officers they had decided to not press charges, but a few days later he was served a warant. The warant was form one of the officers. We had problems with a teacher at school who screams at the kids continuously and throws temper tantrams by throwing her papers and then making the kids pick them up and once even threw a stapler. Our daughter was at one time assigned in this teachers home room, but we had her moved to another, but daughter still had some classes with this teacher. One day my husband came topick up our daughter early from school and when the teacher ask him if he signed her out he replied yes. The next day the teacher ask our daughter in front of all the students, where did you go yesterday. My husband knew this would happen therefore he told her to tell the teacher if she had any questions she should contact him. The teacher then said well your daddy did not sign you out that is why I ask. Well this upset my husband, so the next day he went to the office, and ask the secretary for a copy of where he signed her out and then went to the classroom to give it to the teacher. When he arrived she invited him into the classroom and he showed her the paper and said I just wanted to show you that I did sign her out and I don't appreciate you calling me a liar in fornt of all the kids and embarrassing my daughter. The teacher bacame irate and began screaming get out of my classroom soemone call the office. My husband replied I will meet you down there. Needless to say it ended up beocming a huge thing and now my husband is facing a misdemeanor charge for disorderly conduct, because some of the children were frightened. I think what they failed to report is that the teacher is the one who frightened the kids by screaming and blowing up, not my husband. Can you give us advise on how we should handle this? Should we get an attorney for this type charge. When I looked up the violation, it said he could receive 6 months and/or $500 fine. My husband is disabled and cannot do time, it will hurt the family and him. He has never been in any trouble, except 1 speeding ticket in the past 25 years. What I am afraid of is the judge will try to make an example out of him. Since this has occurred there have been several other families with kids in this teachers class complaining to the school about he teachers behavior with their kids. Is there any action we can take on this teacher or the school. This teacher is who should be charged with disorderly conduct. Also the officers did receive statement from the teacher, a custodian who came in after the incident and they said from some of the children. Are we allowed to view the statements? I know officers sometimes word things to benefit their case instead of the person being charged.

Q: Are we allowed to view the statements?

A: Yes; have your lawyer file a motion for discovery.

The charge is a misdemeanor and there was no $ bond for the charge he was allowed to sign himself out. Would you advise us to hire an attorney over this? What would you think the outcome would be if we do not hire the attorney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back