discrimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

joanie18

I had an interview with a company at (deleted) about two months ago i came in did the paper work and the lady whom interviewed me said that they would get back to me within 1 week , so two months pass by then i get a call from a guy from (deleted) asking me was i still interested in working there i said yes they told me to come in the next day which was today to give me information about what i would be doing showing me around the store and so forth so i get there they take a copy of my I.D told me i could start working tomorrow everything was great then as im on my way home i get a call back in exact words from the man who hired me "hey im calling to tell you that you start date will be put on hold i just interview another lady and she has more expierence than you so im going to hire her , if your interested still you can call back in three weeks and see if ill need you then". first thing that came to mind was dicrimination i guess he thought i wasnt able to do the job but he could of atleast gave me a chance i need help on how to take futher action

Last edited by a moderator:
I see no discrimination here based on what you posted - you just can't be discriminated against due to a reason prohibited by law (race, religion, gender....).

Nothing you have posted suggests illegal discrimination. They are allowed to base their decision on the amount of experience the applicants do or do not have.

An employer is also allowed to change his or her mind.
Had you been hired, but won a $400,000,000 lottery over night, you could have changed your mind, too.
Nothing illegal about hiring X, instead of Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back