Discrimination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thmpr018

I wa hired into JPMorgan Chase in May of 2007 and was pregnant when I interviewed. After I was hired the manager told me that she wasn't sure if she would have hired me if she had known that I was pregnant. I was due on Oct 4 and we had already set everything up for my maternity leave. I wasn't eligible obviously for FMLA because I wasn't there a year, but they said that I would get my six weeks off for maternity w/o pay. On Sept 5, 2007 my doc took me off work and ordered bed rest because of complications with the pregnancy. Everything was still ok with work...they said to just take it easy and let them know when I had the baby. The weird thing at the time was they made me turn in my keys and there were two other ppl on leave that didn't have to turn in their keys when they went off work. So I had my son on Thurs Sept 20 and on Sat Sept 22, my boss called and left me a message on my machine that tey "had to make a decision to fill my position" and that I could call her if I had any questions. So I didn't have a position to go back to then all of the sudden she called again and said that they had "a change of policy" and that I could come back to work at that office for a week while I was looking for another position because they were short staffed. Can they do this to me?? I know that FMLA can't help me, but isn't it illegal to fire me because of maternity??

I answered this question in the other forum where you posted it. This is not a banking law question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back