Disclosure Violation

Jeremy Braud

Jurisdiction
California
Hello.

I purchased a home a little over a year ago in Los Angeles. The company I purchased it from was a fairly well respected developer/flipper who pretty much gutted the property before I purchased it for $800k.

A couple of months ago I got a call from my tenant because there was moisture and mold on the first floor, which we believed to be in part due to the recent rains. When we demo'd and removed the dry wall and flooring we uncovered a lot of old water damage that had simply been covered up with new dry wall and not waterproofed the property. Then we found a massive crack in the retaining wall/foundation. None of these issues were disclosed in the legal requirements.

I invited the sellers to meet me at the property and they acknowledge that they knew about the crack in the foundation and were proud for having reconstructed the wall which covered the foundation from plain sight. They also posted before/after pictures on their social media account which would make it hard for them to deny knowledge of this major issue.

I am considering suing them and feel like I have a strong case. I'm expecting the entire amount of damages to be between $150,000-$200,000 since the foundation would need to be replaced.

Before I hire a layer I wanted to ask how strong does my case sound to this community? Please let me know if I can provide an additional information. Attached is an image of the foundation from the social media post posted by the developers.

Thank you.
22050191_1550876914978345_9188506547657720169_n.jpg

I was hoping someone with knowledge of real estate law would tell me if my case was strong enough to warrant $50k on legal fees.

That is WHY you want to seek free consultations with licensed attorneys in your area.

If this is as serious as you suggest, why waste time seeking the counsel of dummies you know nothing about?

The lawyer you consult with will give you an opinion about whether your case is "strong enough to warrant" whatever fees will likely be incurred. That opinion will be based on having spoken with you for at least 30-60 minutes and on a review of relevant documents.

By comparison, we have two paragraphs of information (the first, fourth and fifth paragraphs in your post provide no relevant information).

You don't have to commit to spending $50k to get a consultation.

Back