Disclosure of repair work

Status
Not open for further replies.

totalcom1

Repairs of Disclosed damage to home not fixed correctly.

Seller disclosed that a tree fell on the home in Dec 2004 and damages had been repaired. Home was inspected and no mention of the repairs or damages in the report.
within 90 days of moving in I noticed some problems. I contacted the realtor several times with no response. When I did reach him he said he would talk with his dad whose is also in real estate and get back to me. After several months of this I decided to go to the county building dept and get a copy of the permit that was issued to see what had been repaired. The county has no record of any permit being issued since 1987 for a boiler system installation.

I was able to get a hold of the seller and she sent me the paperwork from the repair. I called the repair company and they sent out the project manager. He said he did not replace the said items but later paperwork revealed that he got paid to do so. the repair that he did do I had looked at by another company and they said the repairs were not done properly. He said the damage now may be residual damage from the tree falling.

I contacted the insurance adjuster and he said that it was had to believe that this was residual damage from the accident because it had been a year. I again tried to contact the realtor and the same results.

I took photos of the damage and was watching the condition to see how it progressed. In the next four months my back deck pulled away from the house about 3/4 of an inch further. The bonus room seperated from the main part of the house about 1-1.5 inches. The floor in now sagging in a few spots. My interior walls in some rooms began to crack, the ceilings in the family room has pulled away from the framing 1/2 inch in some spots along with the framing twisting more than before. The garage roof has twisted framing as well and the ridge rafter has moved from the faulty repair made and the roof is sagging in even more than before.

Since no one wanted to assume responsibility. I hired a engineering company to come out and give me a report of why this is happening. I got this report about 6 weeks ago the determination on a 9 page report was that the damage was caused by the tree falling on the home. I called the insurance adjuster back and he put it off on the repair company. I am waiting for their response.

What is my legal standpoint? Since the seller did not disclose that the repair was made without permits, the home inspector did not document anything, the realtor has blown me off, the insurance adjuster says that the time to file a claim after the repair was 1 year and the repair company should have caught this, repairs were not done corrctly or legally with no permits pulled.

To make things worse because of some legal issues with work the house is in foreclosure and going to be sold. I am at a loss on how to pursue this matter. I am in a financial hardship and can not afford an attorney at this time how does this affect my rights to a claim ?

I have a 9 page report from the engineer stating that the problem is damage to the structure from the tree falling on the home. The estimated cost just to stop home from moving is $50,000.00 plus 18,000.00 for the roof repair.

The home is on a considerable grade and I am in fear that it will fall off its suppports within a few months. it has moved 1-2 inches in the last 4 months. I need to have an attornet that can act fast and get my home repaired before it falls down the hill. also seek compensation for realator an home inspaction for other obvious issues. I have several pictures and witnesses to attest to the condition of home then and now. I have children in the home and the house sits 10-12 feet off ground I am in fear that my family will be hurt if the house falls. I cant afford a second place to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back