1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Disclaimer Wording

Discussion in 'Copyright, Trademark, Patent Law' started by Tiggerrette, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiggerrette

Tiggerrette Law Topic Starter New Member

I am writing a novelty book that will require a disclaimer. Without giving the concept away, I can provide a few details. The book is contains recipes which have been altered with the novelty concept. There is a guide within the book that gives the factual equivalent to the novelty ingredient. I know I need a disclaimer advising people that the novelty ingredients are not recommended for real life use. I have written disclaimers before but this one is a little blurry for me and I'm not sure how to word it or which direction to take it beyond the generic standard fare, which I suspect will not fully cover me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can provide more details about the concept in a PM, if needed to help define the proper wording.
    Thank you.

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

You don't want to risk your assets with FREE advice.
    I suggest you consult with a REAL lawyer in your area.
    You'll likely be able to buy a hour of a REAL lawyer's time for anywhere between $500-1,000.
    You can Google disclaimers and there free samples available on the 'net, but be wary of actually using them.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

3. shrinkmaster

shrinkmaster Well-Known Member

I agree if worded poorly your disclaimer could be meaningless

4. Tiggerrette

Tiggerrette Law Topic Starter New Member

Thank you for the response. Right now I'm fishing for the info. All of my work goes before an attorney prior to release, but I'm a bit of a control freak and have a tendency to seek out the info if for nothing more than the rough draft.

I have looked a free disclaimers on line but they don't quite cover what I'm doing.

Thank you, again for your help.

5. shrinkmaster

shrinkmaster Well-Known Member

If you want a "rough draft" idea seek out similar websites and read their disclaimers

6. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Okay, then hire a lawyer and buy REAL, USEFUL information.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD