Unlawful Eviction Disability Animal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am legally disabled - on SSI. I have PTSD, generalized anxiety disorder and frequent anxiety attacks. My doctor suggested I get a service animal. I submitted a doctor note for the service animal and a letter the Ohio disability rights website said to submit. My landlord approved me getting the dog and approved the adoption over the phone with the humane society of a K9. Days later, her boss the property owner told her to evict me. I am now facing an eviction after I got the dog at the property managers approval. I have a section 8 HUD voucher that is used here. I understand I'm protected by three laws? The state, federal and HUD laws? I thought all that was required in these laws is that I submit a letter from my doctor to my property manager. Please help me.

Why would you say something so insensitive and people call you a super moderator? You're super rude for a legal site and represent this website in a negative way. I have screenshotted and sent this to your site administrators.

My landlord approved the animal. I have proof. I will not be a victim of bullying by my landlord, property owner or you armyjudge. You have no right to insult someone coming for help. I need help. My entire livelihood, my housing voucher is at risk if I lose this hearing. I will not go quietly! I will not be victimized!

A professional trained service can cost $10,000. The dog, under the Ohio disability law and HUD law, does NOT have to be trained. All that is required is that I have a note for my doctor that said to get the animal for PTSD and GAD. If you all are law educated, you'd know this right? Seriously? If I have made an error by asking my doctor for a service dog, what should I do to correct this. Legal aide has taken the case at no charge. I just got a call from a lawyer that represents the state disabled citizens and he said under the FHA federal law they cannot discriminate against me. End of story. Thanks for the bogus advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Help yourself, don't get the dog until you find a landlord that allows pets. Yeah yeah yeah, your dog ain't a pet. Tell that to your landlord and the judge at the eviction hearing.

I am legally disabled - on SSI. I have PTSD, generalized anxiety disorder and frequent anxiety attacks. My doctor suggested I get a service animal. I submitted a doctor note for the service animal and a letter the Ohio disability rights website said to submit. My landlord approved me getting the dog and approved the adoption over the phone with the humane society of a K9. Days later, her boss the property owner told her to evict me. I am now facing an eviction after I got the dog at the property managers approval. I have a section 8 HUD voucher that is used here. I understand I'm protected by three laws? The state, federal and HUD laws? I thought all that was required in these laws is that I submit a letter from my doctor to my property manager. Please help me.

What kind of service animal does one get at a local humane society? Are they training service animals there?

(I doubt it very seriously.)

The OG Effect works across the Interwebs! :biglol:

Since you now have a lawyer - work with your lawyer. Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back