difficult uncle

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emitchell

Jurisdiction
Newfoundland
I inherated a house, land and contents, on this land in the drive way is a shed. when my grandfather died my uncle told me that 2 years ago he and my grandfather went to the justice of the peace and had this shed and land sold to him. I did not and have not yet seen this piece of paper for proof, it was not attached to the will on disbursement and the will was not codidal, also this shed is directly on my right of way to the property, will this hold up in court? he has also already put his own lock on this shed and has his items stored in it ..Was this legal what he done? he does not want me to sell the house and this is why I believe he went and done this and also, he has removed contents from inside the house since my grandfather has passed but the contents were left to me with the house. He has also thrown contents into the trash that he has deemed as garbage.

I inherated a house, land and contents,

Do you mean that title has been transferred to you be deed? Or are you the representative of the estate and probate is in progress? Something else?

my uncle told me that 2 years ago he and my grandfather went to the justice of the peace and had this shed and land sold to him. I did not and have not yet seen this piece of paper for proof, it was not attached to the will on disbursement and the will was not codidal,

How long ago did you ask for documentation (date)? What did he say when you asked for it? What did you do about his answer?

this shed is directly on my right of way to the property, will this hold up in court? he has also already put his own lock on this shed and has his items stored in it ..Was this legal what he done?

There's no "crime." He's not going to get arrested. It's a civil matter and you'll have to go to court to get rid of him.

he has removed contents from inside the house since my grandfather has passed but the contents were left to me with the house. He has also thrown contents into the trash that he has deemed as garbage.

Again, civil matter. Court. Hire a lawyer if you have to. Otherwise, nothing changes and he holds the property hostage.

I inherated a house, land and contents, on this land in the drive way is a shed. when my grandfather died my uncle told me that 2 years ago he and my grandfather went to the justice of the peace and had this shed and land sold to him. I did not and have not yet seen this piece of paper for proof, it was not attached to the will on disbursement and the will was not codidal, also this shed is directly on my right of way to the property, will this hold up in court? he has also already put his own lock on this shed and has his items stored in it ..Was this legal what he done? he does not want me to sell the house and this is why I believe he went and done this and also, he has removed contents from inside the house since my grandfather has passed but the contents were left to me with the house. He has also thrown contents into the trash that he has deemed as garbage.

No one on this site knows anything useful about Canadian or its provincial laws.

I suggest you consult a solicitor near you for specific legal advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back