Did two tickets ruin my dream of becoming an EMT

Anna Loboda

Jurisdiction
California
So I got a speeding ticket and a ticket for texting at a red stoplight. I haven't gone to court yet but I guess those cops ruined my chances of being an EMT. Those !@#$%^&* did not just ruin my life, DID THEY?

(Edited out the profanity)

Anna, that kind of language is not allowed on this forum.

And I have to agree with the above poster. You were the one who was speeding, and who was texting when you weren't supposed to be. The cops did their jobs. I'm not convinced that two tickets is going to keep you from being an EMT but if they do, it's you that is responsible and not the cops.

The tickets won't preclude you from becoming an EMT, but a bad driving record and your foul language would certainly preclude you from being hired by many organizations. Seriously, I had to submit my driving records when I got hired as a paramedic. It wasn't spotless, but it wasn't that bad. It's all a matter of severity over what time frame (and of coruse, what the competition for hiring is).

So I got a speeding ticket and a ticket for texting at a red stoplight. I haven't gone to court yet but I guess those cops ruined my chances of being an EMT. Those cunt ass pigs did not just ruin my life, DID THEY?
Are the police officers supposed to overlook your speeding and texting?

Go seek help for your anger issues.

Hopefully, she can pee clean now. Nearly all the agencies in California I am aware of test for and will not permit an EMT who uses drugs (even marijuana).

Please, PLEASE do not even try to be an EMT. Your mental state is far too unstable to place members of the general public under your care.

(Post Hx)

Back