did store loss prevention do anything wrong to me here

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostowl

this is for conspiracy to shop lift misdemeanor not a felony

in rhode island me and my friend was arrested for shop lifting and conspiracy to shop lift. im not gonna sit here and say i am innocent or didn't know but am wondering if they violated my rights

so i gave him a ride and we go into the store in the meet area i am claiming not to know so we go around the store i put in a premade sandwich and cake in the cart he is loading meet askes me to grab him 4 bags of shrimp and some other meats and stuff to put in the cart so he plans to just walk out the door with the carriage and i think he is crazy so as we going down the side towards door area i stop and talk to the deli guy because i am all set with walking out with him. loss prevention is outside the door they grab him and take him to the office(found out after the fact police had already been called by this point)

i am still at the deli counter and two loss prevention guys approach me and tell me to come with them to the office. i opened my jacket and showed them i had nothing on me and told them i wasn't going to the office so one guy grabs my arm and they start trying to herd me over to the office and i am kinda walking and showing them that i have nothing on me and saying i don't want to go to the office pull my arm out the guys hand so the other guy grabs my coat i pull it away and we still walking towards the office then when we get to the office they told me to go in and i panic and ran for the door down the other end. some kid bagging groceries lunged out to grab me as i ran by but i pushed him down with a stiff arm like foot ball as i hurdled over him. i was running so fast i went right past the door and immediately realized i was done so i stopped turned around and said i was done don't touch me but three or four of them tried to take me down then slammed me up against the wall and one guy was yelling calm down do you want to deal with the police they already on their way then two seconds later we still on wall wrestling and a female cop shows up had them back away and asked if i was all done i said yes she said i was being detained cuffed me and put me in the police cruiser.

my whole incident with loss prevention beginning to end lasted about one to two minutes no longer.

what i am wondering with the police already about to show up and me having nothing on me and not trying to walk out of the door should loss prevention have grabbed me or should they just covered the door and grab me if i tried to leave. i already have a bad back and they tweaked it but not here to cry about that with you guys just want to know if they jumped the gun grabbing me like that

if they are in the wrong i would like to try to use it along with a security report i could give them that would save them tons because a lot of people walk out of their stores because they just to easy and i could easy get rid of the no so seasoned shoplifters for them they have like 5 stores in my area and everyone of them is way to easy because of layout and stuff

they could still hang my friend that walked out with the stuff if they wanted to drop my conspiracy for the info i have and not trying to sue

i am calling the store in the morning to see if this is something they would be interested in but i need to know if i have any leverage with the way the loss prevention handled me

thank you for your time

Last edited:
If I were you, I'd keep my yapper shut.

THINK about what you're saying, you're going to tell them how easy it is to steal from them.

Yeah, that's smart, NOT!!!

I'd see a lawyer or two, and hire one.
Then I'd defend myself in court.
If neither one of you geniuses blabs, BOTH of you might walk.
A conspiracy beef is hard to prosecute absent an inside actor.
Don't call the store.
Just calling that store could hurt in ways you have no idea, or have not yet seen.
From this point forward, don't mention any of this to anyone, but the lawyer.
Be smart, stop telling what you may have done, rather tell what was done to you.
If you were ROUGHED up for no reason, say it.
If a security guard slapped you around, knocked you down, say it.
Otherwise, why be STUPID and yammer about what you did?
How does that help you?
The only thing you say you did was NOTHING, if you insist on saying SOMETHING.
That stuff about REMAINING SILENT, works!!!
Say, I stole NOTHING.
Say, I don't know why they JUMPED me, chased me, and threatened me, or beat me.
Say, if it hadn't been for that cop rescuing me, I was afraid they were going to beat me bloody and unconscious.

Last edited:
lol thank you

the police said i was on tape putting meats in his carriage and thats why i am getting conspriacey to shop lift oh and they charging me with shop lifting also and i said to the cop that he was asking me to help find stuff for him

do you think me on tape putting stuff in the carriage sinked me?

and in the station i told my friend tell them i had nothing to do with this and he said it and cop said can't change your story now. i said i wasn't changing my story and the cop said he wasn't talking about me

so i think in the back room my friend told them i knew all about it and was helping him

what would the judge think of me putting stuff in the carriage.

army judge i am gonna stick to my story thanks for the advice. but what do you think of me putting stuff into carriage and my friend saying i knew = me screwed?

on aside note on top of all this i am in the police cell for 4 or 5 hours till bailed out i asked repeatedly for toilet paper they didn't give to me said couldn't find any and so i started asking to speak with a supervisor that i never got to see

Last edited:
You need to talk to a lawyer & talk only to the lawyer - listen to his/her advice.

thank you betty i understand about saying nothing and talking to a lawyer but i cannot talk to a lawyer soon it is going to take 7-14 days until i can talk to one so i have some things in my head i am wondering hypothetically

like it is a fact they have me on tape putting meat into the shopping cart he had. does that action alone equal automatically guilty?

also he has a criminal history does him saying i knew all about it and planned it with him equally to automatically guilty?

i just please need general answers to these two things

thank you betty i understand about saying nothing and talking to a lawyer but i cannot talk to a lawyer soon it is going to take 7-14 days until i can talk to one so i have some things in my head i am wondering hypothetically

like it is a fact they have me on tape putting meat into the shopping cart he had. does that action alone equal automatically guilty?

also he has a criminal history does him saying i knew all about it and planned it with him equally to automatically guilty?

i just please need general answers to these two things

You are better off explaining nothing.
You aren't required to prove anything.
They have to prove your guilt.
Don't help them.
Silencio amigo.

So you put meat into his shopping cart.
A nothing move, unless you blab.
His word against yours.
He was caught with the goods.
You weren't.
He said, he said, again, stop trying to explain.
That's the dummy move.
The smart move is SILENCE.
Your boy ratted you out.
Forget him.
Let that rat boil in their tasty rat soup.
You just watch.
Besides, how can a THIEF caught red handed help an innocent guy, caught with NOTHING?
Silencio amigo, see a lawyer when you can, until then, SILENCE!!!

I am a Retail theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. I have trained Loss Prevention staff as well. They did nothing illegal. They "may" have violated store policy but that wont get you off. As instructed you need to talk to a Lawyer to plan a defense or get a plea deal. I would not worry about your friend worry about you. they may offer him a lesser sentence if he rats you out so take care of yourself.

ok thanks for all your answers guys i really appreciate it

thank you all for your time

army judge lol you one cool mata tata :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back