Did I wait long enough before running a background check on myself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spookspock

I took a plea deal for RTF 3rd degree last year. I had some small items in the top part of my cart where I usually set my purse and forgot they were there when I went through self checkout and then was exiting the store. After I served my probation, the conviction and plea were dismissed and there is no record of conviction on my record. To be sure I ran an ICHAT report on myself 2 months after my probation ended and then I paid for a Lexis Nexus criminal check (national and county specific) and nothing is showing up on any of these. It says "no record found". Not even showing an arrest. I have since also requested 2 full file disclosure reports (one from Lexis Nexus one from Hireright) and am awaiting these results. I guess my question is if I waited long enough after my probation ended for the ICHAT and other background checks to update. Meaning, was there enough time for them to record anything if they were going to record anything? I am happy nothing is showing up (my attorney assured me it wouldn't) but I still hear horror stories about things popping up later on and i am applying for a job right now that I really really want and they use Hireright for background checks, so I am worried sick.

Consider yourself lucky.

Stop looking for trouble, because you might just find it.

In your case, the process worked.

Time to move on.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back