Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Did I get caught shoplifting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

candy12

Around a year ago, I was at shopping at a store with a friend and we made the mistake of shoplifting something valued at around $10. At that time we were not caught and everything seemed like it was fined. A couple weeks later we came back to buy hair dye and a manager approaches us to ask us if we need anything in particular. We answered that we were just browsing and he answered that we were not allowed to browse in the store. My friend and I just left the store thinking that he was extremely rude. After that incident we came many times to buy various things with no problems so we thought that everything was okay. We went today to the store about a year after the incident and a new manager says to us "didn't i ban you from the store?" We both answered that we were not aware of the incident and he asks us "you can't remember what you did?" We answered that we did not remember and he said that he banned two people that looked similar to us and he was pretty sure it was us. The problem is that we were never confronted by anyone for stealing or being banned so I was wondering did they catch it camera and did not take action until now or was it just a coincidence?

We can only speculate as to why. However they are a private business on private property and may ban anyone they wish. Now that you know you are banned it sin your best interest to not go back otherwise you risk arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back