Desperate need immediate help

Needhelp888

Jurisdiction
Texas
I desperately need help, and im not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in, but here it goes. My girlfriend has had a history of depression, and abuse, especially from her father (telling her she's a failure, that he would be better off if she had succeeded at suicide etc.) She is now 20, in college and living in a house owned by her parents. Apparently she has signed some contract which she believes gives him the power to at any given time come down, tell her to pack a single bag, throw the rest away and force her to live locked in a room for 6 months to a year. There must be something she or I can do, but shes never stood up to him so im not sure she can do it herself. Please please help, she is gone from my life tomorrow sep. 6 or 7.

Apparently she has signed some contract which she believes gives him the power to at any given time come down, tell her to pack a single bag, throw the rest away and force her to live locked in a room for 6 months to a year.

That makes no sense at all.

Post a copy of the contract here or we can't help you.

Who's paying for college?
Does she pay rent?
Does she live with her parents or is this a second home where she lives by herself?

she is gone from my life tomorrow sep. 6 or 7.

That doesn't make much sense either. Please explain.

That makes no sense at all.

Post a copy of the contract here or we can't help you.

Who's paying for college?
Does she pay rent?
Does she live with her parents or is this a second home where she lives by herself?

That doesn't make much sense either. Please explain.
sorry was originally posting from mobile. Her parents own the house she lives in, she does not pay rent, and it is a second house in the city her college is in (parents live 2 hours away). She can potentially live elsewhere, but the main thing is i cant imagine a contract giving someone power over where an adult person lives, and controlling essentially every aspect of their life while they live there. The reason she's gone tomorrow is because her father has decided to enact whatever clause in the contract gives him the power to drive to where she lives, and move her to a place where she has no car or contact with the outside world. I've asked for a copy of the contract, but apparently she was not provided with one.

She is an adult. She makes her own decisions. If she wants to be away from her parents then she can take action to be independent from them.

She is an adult. She makes her own decisions. If she wants to be away from her parents then she can take action to be independent from them.
Ok, so a contract cant hold such power over a person i assume?

So while she's trying to figure out another place to say, if her father shows up and demands she leave with him he will definitely use physical force if she exercises her right to not be abducted. At this point is it reasonable to call the police? I suppose that's really the only thing to do, but this is all so crazy i have to ask. She's scared to do that because in the past when she tried to kill herself he turned away police saying she was just doing it for attention, and they just left bc it's her father.

So while she's trying to figure out another place to say, if her father shows up and demands she leave with him he will definitely use physical force if she exercises her right to not be abducted. At this point is it reasonable to call the police?

Not only reasonable but she would be stupid not to.

Though she seems pretty stupid to have signed a contract that is legally unenforceable. My guess is that she is so psychologically and financially dependent on her father that she'd let him get away with anything.

Why any man would want a woman like that in his life is beyond me.

I desperately need help, and im not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in, but here it goes. My girlfriend has had a history of depression, and abuse, especially from her father (telling her she's a failure, that he would be better off if she had succeeded at suicide etc.) She is now 20, in college and living in a house owned by her parents. Apparently she has signed some contract which she believes gives him the power to at any given time come down, tell her to pack a single bag, throw the rest away and force her to live locked in a room for 6 months to a year. There must be something she or I can do, but shes never stood up to him so im not sure she can do it herself. Please please help, she is gone from my life tomorrow sep. 6 or 7.

People who are afflicted with sundry mental health issues aren't always able to properly communicate to others their dilemma.

In many cases, people who are afflicted with mental illnesses often ensnare you in their disease.

Be very, very careful that you don't further harm the person of which you speak.

I suggest you reach out to city, county, or state mental health authorities, or such practitioners at large hospitals, or the college she attends.

The right practitioner just might be able to breakthrough to her.

Apparently she has signed some contract which she believes gives him the power to at any given time come down, tell her to pack a single bag, throw the rest away and force her to live locked in a room for 6 months to a year.

That's beyond silly, on its face.

There must be something she or I can do

I'm sure there are lots of things you both "can do."

Please please help

Help what?

she is gone from my life tomorrow sep. 6 or 7.

What does this mean (also, tomorrow is September 6).

i cant imagine a contract giving someone power over where an adult person lives, and controlling essentially every aspect of their life while they live there.

I can certainly imagine it - and much worse. However, such a contract almost certainly wouldn't be legally enforceable. However, manipulative people successfully control weak and ignorant people all the time without legal enforcement.

The reason she's gone tomorrow is because her father has decided to enact whatever clause in the contract gives him the power to drive to where she lives, and move her to a place where she has no car or contact with the outside world.

By chance is your friend of east Asian or Middle Eastern background?

I've asked for a copy of the contract, but apparently she was not provided with one.

One way that manipulative people keep weak and ignorant people in line is by keeping them ignorant.

if her father shows up and demands she leave with him he will definitely use physical force if she exercises her right to not be abducted. At this point is it reasonable to call the police?

If her father is in the process of physically kidnapping her, it's probably too late to call the police. She may want to keep herself somewhere her father can't find her.

Agree with the suggestion about helping your friend obtain mental health assistance.

Thanks to all for your advice, i cant tell you how much i appreciate your time. I've relayed the information, and at this point it is up to her. It seems a lot of you worry about her psychology, and i can definitely appreciate that, but at the moment i'm most concerned with making sure she knows what she is entitled to under the law, and that it is not normal for a father to put his child through this. I'll do my best to make sure she gets the help she needs, i believe the proper place for finding that is college counselors, but i welcome any further advice on the matter

It seems a lot of you worry about her psychology, and i can definitely appreciate that, but at the moment i'm most concerned with making sure she knows what she is entitled to under the law

If a person is so mentally or emotionally (or both) challenged, you have to make sure they comprehend what someone is saying before you can do much else.

Some people with mental/emotional issues are so detached from reality, they are unable to comprehend common, everyday thoughts, much less complex issues.

Back