Desperate For Help, Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protagoras521

WE REALLY NEED YOUR HELP This is a very complicated situation involving my Fiancee and his daughter. She was born back in 1994, and my Fiancee believed her mother that it was indeed his child and signed paternity papers. They were not married, however they were living togather off and on from 1993-1998. The childs mother was collecting welfare assistance without the knowledge of my fiancee, and was subsiquently sent child support papers in late 1994 to an address he has never lived at. In her documents with social services she claims that they were not living togather at the time, and put down a different address for herself as well. My fiancee was NEVER NOTIFIED of this child support issue, or the fact that she was collecting assistance. My fiancee does have a pattern of being in and out of jail, so by the time he found out about all of this it was in 1998. He filed an appeal to the court stating the back due support was not owed because he was indeed living with both mother and child, and supporting them financially. However nothing ever came of it because he was arrested before he could get a court date, and has been in prison since. Come to find out mother is claiming it MIGHT NOT EVEN BE HIS CHILD So, I guess my question is what options do we have? HE SOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY TWICE FOR A CHILD BECAUSE THE MOTHER WAS COLLECTING ASSISTANCE WITH HER LIES, AND FURTHERMORE, HE SOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR A CHILD THAT IS NOT HIS!! PLEASE HELP US

If your fiancee has a pattern of being in and out of jail, it might be a good idea to wait to deal with this until he is out of jail. Not only because it will be easier but it might help you with the stability of your marriage, unless this lifestyle is acceptable to you which it might be. You can see what things are like when he isn't forced to rely upon you for everything....

If he hasn't paid for child support then I'm not sure of the problem, unless you mean the court case. If he was served at an address that wasn't his then he can plead this in court. He should demand a hearing since he did not have a fair opportunity. However, why didn't he take care of this over the past 4 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back