desperate for answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesmballard

I live in Illinois for the past yr but last yr my sons mother lied to the police in missouri were we were living together saying i was trying to kidnap him while trying to take him to visit his grandma for a couple days. the courts say they cant do anything beacause fathers have no rights unless the mother says.
I started to go to court for child support after requesting to prove he was my child(I never doubted) but before it happened she took both kids and the courts cant find her(she was pregnant when we broke up) and they say that even though this proves she lied they still wont do any thing. Is there any thing I can do to get my kids?

I'm very confused and I think that there are a number of items which are being confused. As a parent, you do have rights. Did you go to court in order to pay child support and establish that this child was yours? Are you a father who is trying to establish paternity with a child that you believe is yours? Your story is unclear.

hopfully this is more clear

Sorry I wasnt more clear with my question.
I have taken a paternity test and have been proven to be my sons father havent had a chance for my daughter yet.
I was trying to go to court to set up some form of child support payment and also custody of sorts but right before the court date was set the kids' mom took them and the sherrif cant find them to serve any papers. hopfully this will help.
thank you.by the way we were not married can that have any thing to do with it?

Perhaps the story is a little different then -- the sheriff cannot locate the mother to serve the papers. That is different than saying that the court refuses to deal with the matter. Exactly who is it that is "refusing" to do anything? This is important... the sheriff or the court -- and most importantly, what is the reason given?

more on same thing

It is the court that refuses to do anything,I dont know exactly who because I cant seem to get any answers wich is why its so frusterating. The lady I spoke to,I dont know her job title but she works for the court house that deals in child welfare.
They have seen how bad my kids living conditions are and still do nothing. She has left her razors out and my son has cut hisself a few times, I have found dirty diapers laying around the house, he has new scrapes and bruises every time I see him(always around his eye) plus I have a photo of him with a big cut under his eye from a gun they admitted they left in his reach.(not a gun shot,it was pulled onto his head from the wall but they keep them loaded).

I know this a little more than asked for but I figured I would mention it plus it all happened before she disapeared.

To begin, always write letters with proof of delivery to people that you want to compel to DO something. It puts them on indisputable notice, e.g. of significantly poor/dangerous living conditions of a minor. That said, you need to find out from someone why the court wont do anything. Someone must know and they will tell you. It's their job and they have to notify you in some fashion. You must know whether the case was heard in front of a judge or not, what was done prior and where the matter has stopped.

persistance

I live in wisconsin and I have learned from some experience that persistance will pay off. Is there anyone you know that knows where they could have moved to? Anyone that may have contact with her that will share this information with you? Have you tried the internet for public information as far as court filings if she has trouble with the law. The child support office has ways of finding people they just don't do it. When she files tax returns etc...
Just some helpful tips that helped me. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back